Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

blog think takes over

OK now it's getting weird.
Like when you buy a new car and suddenly you start seeing your same car everywhere...
It's the same with blogging.
I had no trouble ignoring the pressure to blog for the last few years.
I told myself I just had too much else going on.
Now that this blog is launched and now that at least 5 people have looked at it,
there appears to be no turning back.


I wake up wondering what I should write about and then fail to write anything
and then feel guilty for letting another day go by without pulling something
out of my brain to put on display for the world.

But now I see blog-creep going on all over the place.
Like p.14-15 of the May 19 TIME magazine...
The page spread is called "Dashboard"
It's their "news in brief" page and it's obviously web influenced.

Well that tiny observation is scarcely blogworthy,
but my pops used to tell me that if I wanted to write
I better write SOMETHING everyday...
and since this day is going to be packed,
I better finish this and go wake the kids up.

2 comments:

Bryan Gower said...

finally you wrote something!!! I have been looking at your blog twice a day wondering when will he write something?; what source of inspiration will he dispense for me from his brain?; where is he, why isn't he writing, did something happen to him?; what will we do if all the world has is just his 2 blogs????....Oh good he blogged today, all is well in Alameda. thanks Dave.

Bryan
http://www.Keepalamedaflat.com

Unknown said...

thanks bryan, without your boundless enthusiasm and excessively optimistic encouragement i might be lead to believe that the whole world is actually ignoring me when in fact the truth is that they are all sitting in stunned silence contemplating the priceless nuggets of wisdom that i have mercifully delivered into their anarcho-primitivist lives.